Each year, as a parish, for the last ten years, the award of Ballinora Person of the Year has been conferred by the parish council on one of our parishioners, after the Mass on St Patrick’s Day.
The award is not limited to church-related activities. To celebrate Eucharist for the parish is to include and encourage all of our parish activities, sports, youth activities, community development and all that makes Ballinora such a warm, close, welcoming and supportive community.
Some past recipients of the award include:
- Peggy Kelleher (sacristy, pilgrimages etc)
- Ursula Mulvihill (Music ministry)
- Donie Healy (G.A.A. And youth)
- Patsy and Imelda O’Connor (community development, Red Cross etc)
- Éamonn Lane (fundraising, community etc)
It is time to begin thinking about who to nominate for this year’s award.
Nomination forms available soon.