We’re delighted to inform you that church services will resume in St. James Church, Ballinora from Wednesday, 1 July 2020.
We invite and encourage your return.
We’d like to reassure you that we’ve put in place all the best practice requirements of HSE, our diocese and parish to make sure our church is a safe space.
Monday (evening) – 7:00pm
Tuesday (morning) – 9:00am
Wednesday (morning) -9:00am
Thursday no mass
Friday (evening) – 7:00pm
Saturday (evening) – 7:00pm
Sunday (morning) – 10:00am
Information about mass attendance
- Maximum capacity of Ballinora Church – with 2m social distancing – will be 45 to 50
- Available seats will be marked to make sure there is social distancing. Stewards will direct you to a seat. Families from the same household should sit together
- Come a few minutes early to allow time to manage safe entry
- We hope that as many people as possible will follow the government recommendation to wear a face-covering in an enclosed space – this will help protect you and your fellow worshippers
- Enter through the back door only, and exit by the choir side door
- Sanitise your hands when you enter and when you leave the church
- We’d appreciate if you could please leave your weekly contribution in the collection baskets at the entrance and exits. If attending instead on a weekday, please bring the relevant weekend offering
- If you’re feeling unwell or vulnerable, please do not attend
- Initially, only Fr Declan will distribute Holy Communion. He’ll do so wearing a mask and after sanitising his hands
Please note: There is no Sunday Obligation at this time.
We’d suggest parishioners who are older or vulnerable should consider attending a weekday Mass instead of the busier weekend Masses – some places are needed for those who cannot attend during the week.
The evening Mass on Monday or Friday may be more convenient for this. We hope that provision can be made through outside amplification and /or direct streaming in the event that not all can be accommodated in the church at any Mass.
We all look forward to the day when these necessary restrictions are eased and we can return to celebrating our Mass together again more fully as a community.
Thank you all for your continued support.
Ballinora Parish Council