Below are some facts, details, and theories concerning the search for Phoenix Coldon. Lauryn Garrett Found Alive. After her disappearance, all activity on her bank accounts, cell phone and social media accounts ceased. March 18, 2021 May 4, 2021 - by Ivona - 2 Comments. But theres no record of Phoenix or her body ever being recovered. When Thomas and Delia spoke to Coldon's fencing partner Brad Kemph, he echoed a lot of what Coldon's parents, pastor and fencing instructor have all said about the missing young woman that she was polite, friendly, intelligent, and was well-liked by everyone. discovery+; Domestic Violence Awareness; In Pursuit With John Walsh; . "Unfortunately, we will now be losing our family home," the missing woman's mother, Goldia Coldon, told The Huffington Post. She's talented. On a chilly December afternoonin 2011, Phoenix Coldon, a 23-year-old University of Missouri-St. Louis student and champion fencer, left her family's home in the St. Louis suburb of Spanish Lake, MO. Weeks before going missing, Phoenix came to her mom and told her she wanted to get counseling. However, the majority of people who go missing voluntarily eventually get in contact with their family. While this was a mere 25-minute drive from her home, it was in another state. There have been others, including one by a young woman who called the home and pretended to be Phoenix Coldon. That was one of the theories we went on. Despite being homeschooled, she became the junior fencing champion of St. Louis County. Police do such a negligent job investigating missing Native American women, do not even have a count of how many Native American women are murdered or go missing each year, who later said he made the whole thing up for attention. You must log in or register to reply here. Coldon, circa 2011. But a friend claims she in fact did see Phoenix after she went missing. "I'm confident that that was her," Fronhert said. [1], Phoenix Coldon is the daughter of Goldia and Lawrence Coldon. But there are lots of clues to suggest that Phoenix is alive and is out there somewhere. Jeff Mays is a contributing writer for NewsOne, specializing in news about missing persons, via the Black and Missing Foundation. Her glasses, purse and ID were inside. Absolutely. Check out never-before-seen content, free digital evidence kits, and much more! On Dec. 27, English's disappearance was reported to police. Once in a blue moon, cold cases are solved this way. And there have been cruel hoaxes. And my gut feeling was I wanted to bring them some closure. It was kind of 'don't date until you're married,'" Baker said. A staff writer for All Thats Interesting, Marco Margaritoff has also published work at outlets including People, VICE, and Complex, covering everything from film to finance to technology. This story is so familiar. She was born to Goldia and Lawrence Coldon and brought up by them until the family moved for her father's job to Missouri. Despite the police officer who found the car saying it was empty, Phoenixs shoes, purse, ID and her glasses were still inside the vehicle. It's not like she was ridiculously wealthy and ran off with a large sum of cash money to live off of. I know she had a few secrets from her parents but I don't think that's that abnormal for young ladies. Hours after she left, her car was found abandoned in the middle of the street just 25 minutes from home. Phoenix Coldon hasnt been seen since December 18, 2011. In all honesty to them, I dont know what they could have done any differently than what theyve done.. If Phoenix didn't leave on her own accord, I think Goldia murdered her child or she's hidden in the freezer or locked in a storage box in basement. Coldons parents didnt even know he existed. She waited until she was left with just one of her captors. The Disappearance of Phoenix Coldon 101: Two Phones. May 4, 2021. Though he actually spoke with Phoenix the day she disappeared it was earlier in the day and I believe his alibi must check out as authorities do not believe he is involved. Born Phoenix Reeves on May 23, 1988, in California, Coldons family moved to Missouri for her fathers job when she was still a child. At 3 p.m., she grabbed her mothers keys and got into the car only to idle for a few minutes and then drive off without telling her parents. Could she had been forced into human trafficking? Im going to the store. Phoenix has never left the house like that.. According to Goldia Coldon, the police never made an inventory when her daughter's car was found. It may not display this or other websites correctly. On a chilly December afternoon in 2011, Phoenix Coldon, a 23-year-old University of Missouri-St. Louis student and champion fencer, left her family's home in the St. Louis suburb of Spanish Lake, MO. On the day that she went missing, her mother Goldia Coldon said she saw her go outside in the early afternoon after attending church. Phoenix did not leave here with the intention of not coming back, said Goldia. This is about 25 minutes away from her parents home in Spanish Lake Missouri. If you consume true crime media or just watch the news, youd think most of these missing people were attractive upper middle class white women. [3], In 2016, her case was profiled on the podcast The Vanished.[6]. Though they told her there wasn't a lot they could do because Phoenix was an adult , but they offered to run the plate since it was in Goldia's name. She said that the officer told her he"did not do an inventory sheet because there was nothing in the car. Her father believes she was going to the convenience store near their home and/or to a friends house. I think she left on her own accord. "She is very responsible, very sweet, very athletic and very intelligent," she said. Circumstances of Disappearance: Unknown. I just read this. In the video Coldon had recorded before disappearing, meanwhile, she spoke of wanting to start over but that she cant start the new me over. She also recited the Serenity prayer and asked God to help her accept the things that wont change, before stating: I cant remember a time when I was happy., Some believe Coldon ran away, which her strict household and video message may suggest. The vehicle was entered into the police database as abandoned; the vehicle was not initially discovered as abandoned when investigated by Missouri police as it was impounded in Illinois. Hours after Coldon disappeared, her 1998 black Chevy Blazer was reportedly discovered abandoned in a crime-ridden section of East St. Louis. At 3pm on December 18, 2011, 23-year-old Phoenix Coldon got in her card and left her family home. Despite the fact that the Coldon family will soon be homeless, Coldon said she and her husband have no regrets and will continue to do whatever it takes to find their missing daughter. Phoenix Lucille Coldon. She would be 33ish at this point. [2] Privately funding the search caused the family home to go into foreclosure and for the family's life savings to be drained. Honey weve all made mistakes and fallen short of the glory. Coldon hadnt enrolled in classes for the spring semester of 2012, after all. "I don't know if she was just trying to scare me, but she carried around a knife. In fact police would never officially inform them. It's terrible," she said. To find out more about Coldon's double life and learn whatThomas and Delia think happened to the missing 23-year-old, watch part two of "The Disappearance of Phoenix Coldon" on Oxgen November 4 at 7/6c. But if you have any information regarding her case please contact the St Louis County Police Department at 314-615-5317, https://charleyproject.org/case/phoenix-lucille-coldon. During part one of Oxygen's two-night special "The Disappearance of Phoenix Coldon,"investigative reporterShawndrea Thomas andretired deputy Police ChiefJoe Delia sat down with the friends of Phoenix Coldon, who vanished from her hometown of St. Louis, Missouri in 2011. Pastor Mark Miller believed Coldon led a somewhat sheltered life, explaining,"It was very clear that she wasn't particularly worldly. Coldon was . "The area where Phoenix's car was found was East St. Louis, which has one of the highest crime rates in the country," said Delia. Baker also revealed that Coldon used to have two cell phones one on her parents' family plan, and one on her own plan. The family of 23-year-old Phoenix Coldon of Missouri is now trying to determine if her case could be linked to the disappearance of 36-year-old Stacey English of Georgia. Phoenix Colden's father, meanwhile, has taken on the task of leading searches in other areas. Baker then informed Thomas and Delia that Coldon had been living with Michael B. while she was in college. Part 2 will be our regular episode next week. Cookie Notice Phoenixs case has a lot of lessons for parents. Phoenix Coldon vanished in 2011 after her SUV was found abandoned in the middle of the road. Fronhert said the woman kept walking and did not engage with her any further. Satara Stratton Death & Background. The Charley Project page link even states she may have traveled to Illinois or San Francisco California after her disappearance. Link your TV provider to stream full episodes and live TV. Coldon reportedly never told Hogan where she was going or if she was leaving town with other people. If you hair stylist starts your appointment late does that affect their tip? Phoenix has never been seen since the day she backed out of her parents' driveway on December 18th 2011. Yet they were not informed that the vehicle have been impounded. Back in 2012, the St. Louis Post-Dispatchreported Coldons parents described Phoenix as deeply religious, quiet, inquisitive and talented. Coldon, who was a local junior fencing champion, excelled in music and played guitar, violin and piano. She's a champion fencer. Meanwhile, they hired private investigator Steve Foster to dig deeper. She left in her 1988 black Chevrolet Blazer at approximately 2:20 pm, and hasn't been seen or heard from since. The disappearance grew stranger the more time passed. Tragically, Gloria and Lawrence Coldon spent all of their savings and family home on a promising lead that turned to ash. Because of this personality shift, Hogan said they stopped talking the week before Coldon vanished. Coldons mother had to contact the mayors office in order to have the $1,000 impound bill waived. Her glasses, purse, shoes, and ID were all inside . While they presumed she went to the store or was meeting a friend on short notice, this had never happened before. Phoenix is loved. According to the Maricopa County Sheriff's Office, 53-year-old Julie Ann . But a friend claims she saw her in 2014. Young adults in general keep things from their parents all the time. "We did what we had to do for Phoenix. "Oxygen has been covering women of color specifically who have gone missing and murdered in the past. The family already had invested much of their money to search for Phoenix, she said, but spent the remainder of their savings on private investigators to follow up on the lead. Her parents believed this due to her race, leading them to contact the Black & Missing foundation to spur attention. [1], A two-night special television documentary on her disappearance debuted on Oxygen on November 3 and 4, 2018, in which investigative reporter Shawndrea Thomas and retired deputy Police Chief Joe Delia discussed theories on her disappearance. This is one of many frustrations Phoenix's parents had with the lack of enthusiasm in investigating their daughter's disappearance. Some of the people she started hanging out with were of dubious means and didnt have the same faith values that she was raised with, said Lawrence.