(Thanks to Adrian Reynolds. Et chante, chante de ta voix caline To learn more, check out our transcription guide or visit our transcribers forum. You get the general idea. Allez-oop! Like a total jerk My French is appalling, and I wouldn't even begin to attempt to transcribe most of Twenty years after "a plane pour moi", Bertrand returned to the public eye as MTV declared him the "most wanted comeback artist". Belgian editor, musician, producer, songwriter, television presenter. The cows have the right of access Forming the company MMD with Pierrette Broodthaers, he produced two albums for David Janssen, an album of classical music with a Turkish contemporary influence for harpsichord and organ with Leila Pinar, an album of traditional Balkan music with the Kazansky choir, and a single for Nol Godin, "Chantilly c'est parti". In the same year, he hosted the show Star Academy and the following year he marked his silver jubilee as a singer by performing in a concert in Brussels. . Check if your university has an FT membership to read for free. I think I have the best shot at explaining the title than anyone I know, having grown up in France and being of the same generation as Plastic. More than 42 years later That Plane For Me, the Belgian amazes with a new album from which he draws the influence of Daft Punk. Tu peux fumer comme un Monsieur des cigarettes "I hope I will finally get my rights," he added. Plastic Bertrand - a plane pour moi (1978) (A worldwide hit single, including here in America and in England and in Canada as well!) Influenced by the punk movement, he formed the band Hubble Bubble in 1974, sharing his time between study at the Conservatory, rehearsals and concerts with the band, and work as stage manager at the Theatre des Galeries. Its iconic title, even included in The wolf of Wall Street by Martin Scorsese is not really his title, which he will concede in 2010: "Me, I want to say that it was not my voice, but then we must also say that all this was edited from scratch by Lou Deprijck " he then declared to the Belgian newspaper, The evening. UPDATE 04/03/2023 : This story seems to be false. That is to say, the songwriter has come a long way. Discover Plastic Bertrand's Biography, Age, Height, Physical Stats, Dating/Affairs, Family and career updates. Seul dans la rue tu rodes An angry Plastic Bertrand (real name Roger Jouret) told Belgian daily Le Soir earlier this week that Deprijck set up the whole deception himself, adding that Deprijck asked him to "shut up" in. Oooo-ooo-ooo-ooo! The Real Housewives of Atlanta The Bachelor Sister Wives 90 Day Fiance Wife Swap The Amazing Race Australia Married at First Sight The Real Housewives of Dallas My 600-lb Life Last Week Tonight with John Oliver. And it's probably safe to assume Plastic's rendition is in a similar vein! Plastic Bertrand seems to be off the market. Don't have all the lyrics to this, but the opening lines of Elton Motello's version go: I've got a stick that's really neat, it's got me bouncing on my feet Comme une ame en peine Allez hop! It's difficult to know if he was right, judging by the pics on Shaw's MySpace page, but as he's called it originalvoiceofmillivanilli, I assume his career didn't exactly take off afterwards. This workss for me, this works for me mon petit Bambino Pour jouer les amoureux My loco dances the pogo With Daniel Balavoine and ABBA's Anni-Frid Lyngstad, he recorded Abbacadabra, a musical tale for children. Married for more than 40 years with Evelyne, he recognizes that his home is its biggest engine. Oh, I'm so picky. An angry Plastic Bertrand (real name Roger Jouret) told Belgian daily Le Soir earlier this week that Deprijck set up the whole deception himself, adding that Deprijck asked him to "shut up" in exchange for 0.5% of the rights. From July to September 2003, he presented the TV show Hit Story on France 3. t'occupe t'inquiete He appeared as a guest artist on the album 'Get Ready! Is Marc Bertrand Married Yes. Discover today's celebrity birthdays and explore famous people who share your birthday. ma nana s'est tiree (Thanks to Bryan Dongray and James Wilkinson.). And see the french lyrics animated on Youtube by Nick Atvull, who's clearly got too much time on his hands. My cat 'Splash' rests on my bed. Qui vole comme une libellule According to our Database, He has no children. "It could therefore not have been Plastic Bertrand - who was born in Brussels - and was surely Monsieur Deprijck.". Do not reproduce (even with permission). Top tracks, Albums, Upcoming concerts, Social . (Frigid & House of Pride Remix) Plastic Bertrand [feat. Just like an Indian might do in his igloo, Ok let's go, that babe was such a bitch Et chante, chante de ta voix caline Born 24 February 1954 (age 69) Born In Brussels, Belgium punk rock musician born in 1976. One notable UK top five hit from the last couple of years, on which the chorus was sung by a female, was actually sung by one of the co-writers of the track, not the performer credited as the featured vocalist. Et tu as toute la vie pour souffrir comme les grands Ca Plane Pour Moi Apparently Plastic also recorded a version for RTL in which he replaced "Saint Pre et fils se sont offerts un petit selfie Venise. I've settled on "This his tongue as he drank all my whisky (Bambino, Bambino), Et gratte, gratte sur ta mandoline And she left me all alone. Roger Jouret, the man. Its not today The train of my childhood runs Ca plane pour moi like an Indian in his igloo Plastic Bertrand previously disputed the allegation, but on 28 July 2010 the singer finally revealed that he is indeed not the singer of any of the songs in the first four albums released under the name Plastic Bertrand. The person in charge of the project told her that, if she refused, they'd make sure she'd "never work in the music industry again". Woof! One of the act's "ghost vocalists", Charles Shaw, had already made the revelation in a New York paper months earlier, only, reportedly, for Farian to pay him off to retract the statement. Who checks in comfortably late Le train de mon enfance roule 2 contributors total, last edit on Jan 22, 2021 View official tab We have an official a Plane Pour. This failed to impress the juries, however, scoring only 4 points and placing 21st out of 22 entries. And you have all your life to suffer like grown ups Bzz bzz bzz bzz The record labels seem to think: very. Oooo-ooo-ooo-ooo! In the last verse, once they've had sex, the girl leaves, after going a bit berserk, breaking stuff.The nuance here is that if someone "casse tout" ie breaks everything, this could also be taken figuratively to mean that they have shattered your dreams of a nice day/life together/ etc. Wikipedia content provided under the terms of the Creative Commons BY-SA license The actual singer was told she was too old (though she's actually younger than the woman who ended up getting the credit and miming in the video) and paid a one-off 1,000 fee. Structural Info Filmography Known for movies The Wolf of Wall Street (2013) as Soundtrack 127 Hours (2010) as Soundtrack Following his success as solo artist, Plastic Bertrands popularity soared and he appeared on several popular television programmes like Jackpot, Supercool and Destination Noel on French television. un sparadrap, une gueule de bois Ca plane pour moi moi moi moi moi It is also in 2018 video game, Just Dance 2019, despite being a cover. Ca plane pour moi moi moi moi moi (read more), Intimate Ceremony with Family and Friends. All translations are my fault - feel free to correct me where I've got it hilariously wrong . The Madonna of the sleeping cars Sur les rails de mon indifference Or that I will have to go without a drink Musique have plenty of other Plastic lyrics, and discussions about them, but I'm only With Daniel Balavoine and ABBA's Anni-Frid Lyngstad, he recorded Abbacadabra, a musical tale for children. Mix - Plastic Bertrand - a plane pour moi (1978) Lou Deprijck, Claude Franois, Tlphone, and more Rock n Roll 50s 60s The Very Best 50s & 60s Party Rock and Roll Hits Oldies Rock and. J'suis un petit oiseau Belgian singer Plastic Bertrand denies allegations over hit song, Luxembourg in the Eurovision Song Contest, https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Plastic_Bertrand&oldid=1114005857, This page was last edited on 4 October 2022, at 09:09. than me. Suggestion: Try to set a low value, such as three seconds. La colle me manquera - I will miss (i.e. drank my beer in a large rubber glass In 1978 Hubble Bubble released their first of two albums, also titled Hubble Bubble. We're dogs. This works for me, this works for me Translation retrieved from the David Gibbs website. Not sure how a train can dance the pogo. In the early 1980s he appeared in movies such as Lgitime Violence and the short film Baoum. Read comments, Record Mirror published a translation of the lyrics. S'est barree enfin c'est marre a tout casse I haven't done much work on the translation, so make of it what you will. Musician and songwriter Plastic Bertrand did not sing on his hit single Ca Plane Pour Moi, an expert linguist has told a court in Belgium. So far, Plastic Bertrand has sold more than 20 million album throughout the world. I came in Boston USA in 79 from France. Ca Plane Pour Moi Plastic Bertrand 2. that the sky will fall on my head Was there a secret wedding? (It was filmed in Plastic Bertrand's net worth FCA regulator blamed for Arms decision to shun London listing, Argentina diary: Come armed with $100 bills, There are no domestic equity investors: why companies are fleeing Londons stock market, Deluge of inflation data pushes US borrowing costs to 2007 levels, The Murdaugh trial: a southern gothic tale that gripped the nation, Humanity is sleepwalking into a neurotech disaster, Who to fire? and other data for a number of reasons, such as keeping FT Sites reliable and secure, one Yam! Roger Franois Jouret, better known as Plastic Bertrand (born 24 February 1954, Brussels, Belgium), is a Belgian musician, songwriter, producer, editor and television presenter, best known for the 1978 international hit single "a plane pour moi". a darling came to my home, Mais tu es trop jeune encore Oooo-ooo-ooo-ooo! Ce n'est pas ca, qui dans son cur, te vieillira Completely normal Ca plane pour moi Judging from pictures of Farian, this was a shrewd business decision; few can pull off aluminium foil briefs as well as frontman Bobby Farrell did on the cover of Boney M's Love For Sale. un matin As for me, I've hardly slept, I feel empty and reprimanded Working with Vladimir Cosma, he wrote several film scores, including Astrix et la surprise de Csar (Asterix Versus Caesar). "Wham! You are the King of the divan! 2 contributors total, last edit on Jan 22, 2021 View official tab We have an official a Plane. where I had a flash Basically it's about a small local train. But you get the jist. I do believe the unique "a plane pour moi" is a mashed up of these 2 expressions. Did Plastic Bertrand Secretly get Married? J'suis le petit tortillard a votre disposition I assume it's full of a This page was last edited on 27 January 2023, at 20:52. But here are three songs that have been transcribed by A few months earlier, Deprijck had cooperated with Elton Motello (aka Alan Ward), who wrote English lyrics for the same track and recorded it as "Jet Boy, Jet Girl".[3]. In 1977, Plastic Bertrand started his solo career as the credited Artist of the international hit single "a plane pour moi", though in fact the song had been sung and produced by its Composer Lou Deprijck with the Engineer Phil Delire for RKM/Vogue at Studio Morgan in Brussels. "At this moment, I got like a flash and wanted to stop all this bullshit. During his stay in Milan, he collaborated with Daniel Balavoine as well as Anni-Frid Lyngstad of the famous band ABBA to produce the song Abbacadabra. Meine Katze, "Splash" (*1) Ruht auf meinem Bett Und hat sich verschluckt beim Verschlingen meines Whiskys Was mich betrifft: Wenig geschlafen, geleert, gehnselt Musste in der Gosse pennen, wo ich einen Flash hatte Hou! make a lot more sense, so they're easier to translate! So, how much is Plastic Bertrand worth at the age of 68 years old? La Madone de Sleepings was a book by Maurice Oh, how I've wrestled with that The couple is said to have exchanged vows in an intimate morning ceremony at a secret location, before few close friends and family members. His zodiac sign is Pisces. Tu n'es plus que l'ombre de toi-meme When Milli Vanilli were outed, back in 1990, for not actually singing on their own albums, most of the music industry reacted with a shrug. my little Bambino (read more) Intimate Ceremony with Family and Friends Plastic Bertrand: Top 3. Not because he'd mimed but because Lou Deprijck filed a lawsuit to prove he was the singer. Allez hop! Despite being credited to him, the vocals were actually. Qui se pointe a l'aise, en r'tard She looked like a cellophane doll with a Chinese hairstyle a plaster, a hangover, I send no one to the station Connect any celebrity with Plastic Bertrand to see how closely they are linked romantically! Fred Roggin Married, Wife, Divorce, Salary, Net Worth and Plastic Surgery. And sing, sing your tender voice Gueulle D'amour Plastic Bertrand 6. Your music is prettier Plastic Bertrand - a Plane Pour Moi (English Translation), (Kenshi Yonezu) - KICK BACK (Romanized), (Fujii Kaze) - (Shinunoga E-Wa) (Romanized), Type out all lyrics, even repeating song parts like the chorus, Lyrics should be broken down into individual lines. He had a ready smile and a sparkle in his eye. to be sent on the door mat The Human Experience Plastic Bertrand Top Songs 1. [2] Tlphone tlphone Plastic Bertrand There had already been speculation that the loved-up pair were set to announce their engagement but it sounds like they might have just jumped straight to wedded bliss! Oooo-ooo-ooo-ooo! when he originally created Boney M, Farian allegedly sang the vocals himself and hired performers to front the act (although members Liz Mitchell and Marcia Bennett were deemed strong enough singers for their real voices to be used, and all members were said to have sung live during concerts). And look, it goes "wooo wooo". Jouret is credited as the songwriter, singer and drummer under the name "Roger Junior". Do let me know what you think! And every evening beneath the window Plastic Bertrand - Ca Plane Pour Moi. Ah, now this I can have a stab at Not all of it, but the basics Je suis un chien, nous sommes des chiens, vous etes des chiens, Ladies and gentlemen, I am very proud to present myself - Plastic She broke everything: the sink, the bar Plastic Bertrand went to number eight with his song in 1978, Project Greenglow and the battle with gravity, The boy who refused to leave police custody. But from the moment he bounced into the Top of the Pops studio, with his too-bouffant hair, his barrage of French-English lyrics, and cavorting with the BBC's dance troupe (the ever-literal Legs & Co dressed in plastic carrier bags and waving baguettes), this upstart foreigner . What a vibration Plastic Bertran Format: Audio CD 109 ratings -10% $1807 List Price: $19.99 Get Fast, Free Shipping with Amazon Prime FREE Returns See all 5 formats and editions Audio CD $18.07 2 Used from $16.61 11 New from $12.28 Available at a lower price from other sellers that may not offer free Prime shipping. However, Plastic Bertrand's first three albums were in fact entirely sung in the studio by Deprijck and not by Jouret. personalising content and ads, providing social media features and to Stop press: a late entry for "et que la gueule me manquera" = "and my big mouth will fail me". Healthy life, beauty, family and actual articles. Plastic Bertrand Fan Page Officielle There's also a similar verse about being a butterfly. My cigar with casters Plastic Bertrand has had a glittering international career.His most important work is considered to be his hit single "a plane pour moi", though, in 2010, it was revealed that the song was sung by Lou Deprijck. And sing, sing your tender voice Johnny Rotten and his louts Tu peux pencher sur ton oreille, ta casquette touche pas ma planete Your music is prettier Plastic Bertrand was able to count on the unfailing support of his family, who had already accompanied him after the splendor of his early career. 2023 MediaMass All rights reserved. Le pied dans le plat by Plastic Bertrand 32,034 views, added to favorites 359 times Author Kellingso [a] 159. Ca plane pour moi ca plane pour moi In 2010, an expert appointed by a court stated that the voice of Lou Deprijck, the composer/producer of "a plane pour moi", on a record from 2006 is the same voice as on the original 1977 recording. Plastic Bertrand is a 68 year old Belgian Singer. She won't take you seriously. "The way the phrases end on each record show that the song could only have been sung by a Ch'ti - otherwise known as someone from the Picard region of France," he said. Take your pick. Scientists are debating whether it's possible to harness the power of gravity for interstellar space travel. Plastic Bertrand received only 0.5% of the song's royalties. is possible to get the general sense. In 2002, he signed a new contract and recorded his eighth album Ultra terrestre, released in Belgium in 2002. The star was quoted in Belgian newspaper Le. Russia is waging a disgraceful war on Ukraine. He is happily married t his wife Erin Bertrand. The BBC is not responsible for the content of external Internet sites. That was a fun exercise! Ca plane pour moi His father was French while his mother was an Ukrainian. Reports from the Brussels Daily News yesterday (March 3, 2023), suggest the singer best known for his hit song a plane pour moi has secretly got hitched to his long-term relationship. In September and November the same year, he managed the TV talent contest Star Academy on RTL-TVI. Literally "It is gliding for me" meaning "being high works for me.". Roger Franois Jouret, better known as Plastic Bertrand (born 24 February 1954, Brussels, Belgium), is a Belgian musician, songwriter, producer, editor and television presenter, best known for the 1978 international hit single "a plane pour. In 1978 Hubble Bubble released their first of two albums, also titled Hubble Bubble. (Bambino, Bambino) what a vibration! Since I was kind of an "Artsy Wild" new waver, French, into performance art and my name was and is Bertrand. my chick has gone away, Plastic Bertrand received only 0.5% of the song's royalties. In the 70's a radio station (France Inter ou Radio Luxembourg) had a cool show called "Je roule pour vous" (I drive for you).