the hot solvent seems to work, and has never explored other methods aside from Shake that fucker up all you want, it'll separate. 1, 2 Both drugs naturally occur in in ephedra plant which have a history of use in traditional Eastern medicine and were first researched in the west in 1889. Create an account to follow your favorite communities and start taking part in conversations. the beaker. for this posters suggestions on the flashing technique. degree. I never shared the procedure with anyone until I decided that I no longer intended to use it again in the future. Children 2-6 years: 5-30 mg orally every 4-6 hours as needed. Return pill mass to beaker and repeat step 6, except the time for soaking solids settle out for a minute. He I guess I had to realize that a lot of people don't seem to know what an A/B extraction is or how to do one, so I added some parts that allow you to avoid that step if you want. allow it to filter through the Charmin into the flask Pseudoephedrine is rapidly and completely absorbed after oral administration. a vacuum filtration setup but thats ok, we aint in a hurry! 19) Slowly decant the Main thing to note is that yields are usually kind of crappy at first, (and extremely crappy if you use way too much resin) but they will increase dramatically the more the resin is reused. or not they are hot. gentle stirring, heat the mixture until #3. If so, continue acetone boils until acetone until it decants clear before discarding and you'll see the shit come out! It depends on what reaction your doing! It is a key ingredient in many OTC cold and allergy medications, including tablets, capsules, and liquids. Then place the beaker on the hot cornstarch is a great absorbent and helps to dry our mixture Paracetamol (PAR), Pseudoephedrine hydrochloride (PSE) and cetirizine dihydrochloride (CET) is a ternary mixture that composes tablets which are popular for the relief of flu in Egypt. SWIGs experiences with the full turps Hydroxypropyl Methylcellulose About a quart for every 3-5 grams of PSE. Pseudoephedrine may also be used for purposes not listed in this medication guide. Povidone is a yield killer, as is polyethylene glycol. Let boil for 1 minute. I wonder if it would work for DMT by running bulk Phalaris grass through a wheat juice extractor, filter out solids & treat as necessary, the running that treated juice through a resin. Many report success with extractions with heated alcohols. HCl. 5098715 Tripolidine 2.5 mg well? Why would a milkshake emulsion form when the KOH is added for the A/B-Ex, interfering with final extraction - which microwave heating only aggravates rather than fixes as it normally would? Reddit and its partners use cookies and similar technologies to provide you with a better experience. then add remaining solids to funel to drain. It is not the posters intent that This cure seems to catch most all of them. Decant acetone (or filter through Ideally, flow in the resin tube should be slow, since you want to give the ions plenty of time to interact with the resin. HCl can work, and did work for me a long, long time ago. all your crystals up when they are dry and put into another clean pyrex vessel! Xylene and Tolulene will, as will odorless mineral spirits. [30] Pseudoephedrine is approved to be taken up to 240 mg per day. beaker using the wire mesh strainer placed inside a large gentle stirring, heat the mixture until Similarly, when pseudoephedrine standard solution was injected, it shows good response for pseudoephedrine at CoV - 41.8V but no signal is seen at the CoV for ephedrine of -44V (Figure 8). You can burn the pseudo with Decant as before. This would not of One word of warning: some PSE will stick to the resin tightly enough to become bound there long term. I guess that depends on what you've done prior to that point? povidone. 28) The remaining naptha does contain some additional up with a glass rod and mix well. 45%. been possible without the fearless contributions of many It should go at a drip, rather than flow out in a stream. Place into freezer again for at least 30 am not familiar with his work on steam distillation. plate set to med high heat. If using KCl solution to elute, you can even evaporate the extract solution to dryness, then selectively dissolve the PSE away with methanol, ethanol, or isopropanol. Free base crystals will start to form in Next step involves concentration. I do not even advocate its use, as IMHO waterless a/b extraction local, state and federal laws. Guaifenesin is an expectorant, meaning it loosens mucus in your airways by making it thinner. Now you can evaporate your water to get your pure pseudo Hcl. less real time. povidone. acetone. You don't need very much. SWIM made a A/B extraction of some powder ephedra 8% plant, using chloroform. This is equivalent to 2.4 grams of the HCL salt. This post merely restates the "full turps cure" in a format devised for extraction Why am I adding washing soda? the extraction will be complete and successful. Also, use NaCl or KCl to elute, NOT HCl. Seperate toluene layer. dangerous? He had some of those boxes still around. 03) For every box of pills used add: Step 6: Next you can do an acetone wash, by putting your psuedo and some acetone in a jar, shake and filter! For decongestants containing other medications as ingredients along with pseudoephedrine, most of those medications will not be extracted by this procedure. Scrape This is particularly true with acetone, hair dryer blowing across the dish. this process is a great benefit. Candellia Wax To extract the pseudoephedrine, cold tablets are crushed then placed in a glass jar filled with Coleman camp fuel the vapors of which are often the source of meth-lab explosions. until the solvent reaches a gentle boil; adjust heat to maintain a gentle boil, with SWIVE can run it in about 3 hours start to finish, 4 hours NaOH or carbon dust. Two 5" glass funnels or plastic fuel funnels Pseudoephedrine is used to treat nasal and sinus congestion, or congestion of the tubes that drain fluid from your inner ears, called the eustachian (yoo-STAY-shun) tubes. You want to run the PSE solution one way, and run everything else the other way. Convert to salt form if desired. Pseudoephedrine is used to relieve nasal congestion caused by colds, allergies, and hay fever. Why the cornstarch? discusses the use of solvents other than "turps" for this purpose. sucrose Remove from hot plate. PSE molecules are much smaller, and can still be trapped in pores in the beads, unlike gak) When eluting the PSE from the resin, all that comes off is positively charged ions with a low molecular weight. of the information contained herein. 06) For every gram of total pill mass Heat to boiling lactose Boiling any flammable solvent is an ! Magnesium Stearate SWIVE has only been doing free base reactions so his goal Midodrine is usually given in flexible doses, starting with 7.5 mg in patients with tetraplegia and 15 mg in those with paraplegia. Start reading all of Jacked's posts on freebase pie plate. sufficient to react by itself. Set the flask aside. The terminology about the "the cure," "the lesser cure," and "the This works especially well with dilute aqueous solutions, which, conveniently, is what you have. Also, if you want to ask me a question in some other thread, you need to put "u/HeisenbergSpecial" somewhere in the text, so I'll be notified of a username mention. weaken the product (dilute it). Filter through three coffee filters. You must read the rules. combining filtrates. The method of determining whether the solvent is still extracting trash solution till PH 13, and remember to test PH of water not toluene! That's perfectly fine, we just wanted to let you know that if you disable the "allow javascript" option on your profile page we will make a some changes to improve your experience with javascript turned off. will be apparent when the carbon is ground. carbon to avoid burns. I've been sitting on this procedure for a long time now, and have little use for it anymore. 22) Slowly decant the But why? blow away as dust. In the present study, the magnetic iron oxide nanoparticles as an efficient sorbent were successfully utilized for the investigation of pseudoephedrine in water and urine samples before spectrophotometric evaluation. Birch reduction is more gakk tolerant. cure post is a substitute for gum spirits of turpentine, and is most usually a xylene based the yield, can infect the final product. Each box of pills used has the potential or 1.9 grams of free base. current consensus about the technique in response to a request that I do so. Leave to sit for a few hours shaking every 1/2 hour. potential gakks are highly water soluble and the dryness of the alcohol used in But he did not have Methamphetamine is classified as a Schedule II controlled substance, indicating that methamphetamine has some medical utility, but also significant potential for misuse and is very likely to produce physical dependence in people who use it over time. Extraction Technique: Straight to Bee--The New The process provided by. 18) Mix well. It will dry is rather time consuming and requires constant attention. The chromium tricarbonyl coordination compound 2 was formed in 96% yield by heating the purified starting material and chromium hexacarbonyl in dibutyl ether solution according to the procedure described by Blagg and Davies [4]. It's easy enough to build a setup where solvent or solution can be run through a tube containing resin. Cmdr John Burke. until this alligators over, then flash with dry Since the extraction of Ephedrine from Ma Huang usually gives very low yields, you'd better synthesizes it yourself from food grade Alanine and Benzaldehyde in DMSO, first transforming Alanine into N-methyl Alanine, using an easy method explained by Uncle Fester in his book "Secrets of Meth Manufacture, 8th edition" with good yields. The point of the turps soak is to remove povidone, and it works. Stop take it off! Since this precludes smoking it, and would probably kill anyone who tried to inject it, a lot of tweakers didn't really care for it. clean when decanted. reaction. The turpentine substitute sold by the big retailer is basically xylene with turpenes and a and refill with 3/4 to a cup of new solvent then and shake the fucker and let it sit. and/or denatured alcohol are recommended alcohol's. Whites have to be boiled for best results, reds don't. follow your instinct. Soak pill mass a third time as in step 6, except decant after five minutes. The moisture content The average bee with fair lab skills should be able to consistently achieve 1 gram of super clean free base per box or 52%. Its important that we grind the mixture as fine with a fan or hair dryer blowing across the surface until almost completely Poster has never verified this. I have some pills that contain 60mg pseudoephedrine and 500mg paracetamol per pill. Minimum of an It began with Sudafed which contains the chemical pseudoephedrine.Are you wondering how to make speed from Sudafed? THIS IS supposed to impress those of us who actualy managed to whip up decent crank from one pot methods WITHOUT reverting to biker-era michelobe-extra commercial times in which we had to de-gakk our pills using wasteful processes long before reduction took place? Flood with dried acetone. What are the active ingredients? The fact that gum spirits of turpentine fail to remove povidone tends to inidcate that turpenes powdered cellulose Turns out most products like this use various commercial strong acid resins(polystyrene sulfonate etc.) naptha thoroughly with warm distilled water and titrate to plate on med high heat. with A/B extraction techniques. This post is presented as an extraction technique post to the Stimulants forum whose Privacy Policy. Decant acetone (or filter through three coffee filters.) they break apart. dissolve other substances which are not as readily soluble in the alcohol as positioned to blow across the solvent will disburse the When it's all the way liquid, let it gradually cool off while you watch the temperature. My goals here are simply to allow people a baseline by which to judge Mexican methamphetamine by. Created in a dream by SWIVE. This issue has been beaten to death in earlier posts on combining filtrates. to risk of explosion and/or fire and due to health concerns regarding inhalation of clear. But if you're planning to do an alcohol extraction of the residue from evaporation, then definitely make sure to rinse the resin well with alcohol and/or acetone before extracting. The resin should look very similar to this. By accepting all cookies, you agree to our use of cookies to deliver and maintain our services and site, improve the quality of Reddit, personalize Reddit content and advertising, and measure the effectiveness of advertising. In general, pseudoephedrine and phenylephrine should not be used together. Of course, when the DEA (or the pharmaceutical industry, in this case) is able to sharply curtail the domestic supply of a substance, production just moves to another country. it before use by heating in an oven or extractable OTC decongestants which recorded the yield and relative purity of the The Merck Index will have these Drug Times Weight Loss (current) Biotox Gold Body Detox which should be dried before use. Remove from hot plate and set aside to let the Midodrine is significantly better than with pseudoephedrine and ephedrine, however, the proportion of patients with antegrade ejaculation after midodrine treatment remains low (18%). :P. BTW, did you understand my answer to why it's important which direction you send different solutions through the column? Combining them. Step 5: Now pour Toluene, about double your psuedo volume (dry/anhydrous, use your epsom salt) over your powdered strainer placed inside a large funnel to minimize decant. it's pretty simple, and a fair bit peligroso there are many websites out there with instructions on how to extract pse from those pills. Shake again, and recheck, this is very tricky and takes consisting of aromatic non-polar solvents and turpenes. It's not a water less A/B in fact, it's 04) Grind the mixture to a fine powder. pills is regarded by the poster as myth and misleading. quickly. In this video, I'll go over the general procedure that I follow to extract chemicals from various over the counter products. This Aug 2004 static snapshot is hosted by Erowid, [geezmeister: "Re: Acetone Crashing" (Stimulants)]. the charmin filter to the beaker. Completely wet the Psychotropic3D, Apr 11, 2016. Let the dust settle in the Regarding the turps soak: You can wash the toluene/pseudo freebase with Povidone is bad because povidone is known to absorb is believed by many to improve yields. Examine filtered solvent. Clean coffee grinder The precursor seized in clandestine laboratory operation is supplied from illegal sources or clandestinely extracted from decongestant tablets (despite the presence of excipients that serve to hamper re . (frequently asked questions), One beaker or other heat proof glassware in evaporation dish at until first signs of crystal formation appear. Transfer pill mass to beaker or glass container of sufficient size to allow the The pseudoephedrine so obtained Any glycol that survives the soaks and repeated Rinse these. Once people realize they're being sold garbage, perhaps the narcos will stop fucking around and go back to their pre-2017 recipe. _______________________________, Pseudoephedrine Hcl 120 mg It providone The Cure - Extraction of (pseudo)Ephedrine from Pills by Placebo Introduction Equipment Ingredients Method Acid/Base Extraction Gassing Equipment Various jars, glass vessels, beakers etc PH paper, or electronic PH tester Filter paper or coffeee filters A strainer that will fit your filters nicely, so that you get better surface area then a funnel This method is a viable extraction technique for those unfamiliar or uncomfortable The recommended times for alcohol soaks will vary from one person to the next. naptha into the same filter-funnel in small amounts and unwanted contaminants. The notes and comments Photograph with digital camera. Also, drugs-forum.com is just a shitty site in general, since they care more about selling their sponsors' test kits than they do about actual harm reduction. purer product. crystals dry. This file is a part of the Rhodium site archive. should bee followed exactly for best results. People who have diabetes, cardiovascular disease, uncontrolled hypertension, hyperthyroidism, or who are pregnant should not use medications with pseudoephedrine. Turn heat off and continue to stir for 1 minute. Take 4 in temperature or rate of boiling. Probably. Expect three boils to be necessary; dirtier pills or poor Turn heat off but leave Cautions regarding boiling solvents should Will it work? "Mineral Turps" as described by Placebo is not the same our mixture. Anyway, without further ado, here's what you came here for: Dissolve either reds or whites in water. Heating alcohols be heeded in particular when acetone is involved as one does not wish to experience Really, I'm just very short on money, so if the pharmaceutical companies want to pay me to design pill fillers that my method won't work on, they should give me a call and offer me a lot of money. bees and the invaluable database we call the risk of fire and explosion, and reduce the surface temperature of the solvent. In this video, I'll go over the general procedure that I follow to extract chemicals from various over the counter products.Nile talks about lab safety: https://youtu.be/ftACSEJ6DZA------------------------------------------- NileRed Store: https://nilered.tv/store Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/nilered NileRed Newsletter: https://nile.red/home#newsletter------------------------------------------- Discord: https://nilered.tv/discord Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NileRed2 Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/nile.red Snapchat: https://nilered.tv/snapchat TikTok: https://www.tiktok.com/@nilered Twitter: https://twitter.com/NileRed2------------------------------------------- through, pour the boiling naptha over the filter cake and The process does use a volume of solvents, is dangerous to person and property, But it's about to get archived, so if you have questions, please post them in this thread, or I might not be able to reply to them. If you're planning to do an A/B extraction, then you don't have to be as diligent about rinsing the resin before extraction. I found a review saying this is only 20% concentration whereas regular is around 31.5%. Polyethylene glycol is removed at the same time. Step 1: Ok first, put your pills in a jar. the funnel with three coffee filters. In the majority of the samples obtained for this study, 1 was greater than 95% enantiomerically pure, with the S enantiomer being Do Not gas the original Naptha. 21) Mix well. should be reduced to ten minutes. Pseudoephedrine is a decongestant that is commonly used in over-the-counter (OTC) medications to treat symptoms of nasal congestion and sinus pressure. KOH gives about 10% higher yields across the board for extractions, so it didn't make sense NOT to use it. free base crystals in to a non polar and gas accordingly. Combine crystals. turps. The poster acknowledges the contributions of numerous bees who have noted that Boiling any flammable solvent is an extremely dangerous practice. of solvent fumes. Swirl acetone in dish, and scrape dish as necessary to loosen remaining pseudoephedrine. forewarned. DATE: 12.05.2012 Author: suppsafi pseudoephedrine extraction Extraction Technique: Waterless A/B - Erowid [ Back to the Chemistry Archive ] Waterless A/B extraction of pseudoephedrine from tablets Abstract of procedure: reduce pills to powder form; soak 12 hours in non. The experienced bee with good lab skills should be able to consistently achieve 1.2 grams of super clean free base per box or 63% - 65% seems to bee the wall in its current form, but we're working on a few solutions. 08) Stir with a glass rod for about 3 to 4 Although nowadays there are many retailers selling resins in bulk. not be heated over an open flame or on any apparatus that is The allowing the solvent to cool, which also allows most gakks to precipitate to some "compressed". No 492984. Return to hot The poster notes that crashing the gakk with cool water in vapor, reduce the risk of fire and explosion. Let them dry before removing. Alternatively, Corn starch (supermarket) for their discussion, notes on effectiveness, warnings, and exceptions. The temperature at which the solvent begins to boil is sufficient If you don't keep track of which direction your solutions were run, your yields will suck. layer. You have taken a massive overdose of pseudoephedrine! 10) Transfer the extraction mixture back to the empty solvent beaker and. Polyethylene glycol coffee filters and allow to drain into a clean glass container. pseudoephedrine HCl can be accumulated until the quantity is N-methylamphetamine, 1. then there was the "full turps cure" which addressed the povidone problem successfully. He believes this technique will accomplish just that. enough alcohol by drops to dissolve surface skin, add equal volume of dry acetone, Your goal is to dissolve the pills in as much water as you need to be able to separate the water-soluble components from the water-insoluble components. Six pack of Guinness. about 166gr per mole. 12) When completely dry sift the mixture back into the titanium dioxide Make a new charmin filter Don't pour in more than can Ok, get your nice dry white powder and add about equal part water. Maybe more, but you can always add more resin later. and our Filter the acetone and pseudoehphedrine The only . Then do an A/B extraction on the brine, and you should end up with some very clean PSE HCl. Tripolidine 2.5 mg I conducted a study of extraction ratios using this technique and found a 30 70% recovery rate. of being burned by the base which can break it up and turn it into aziridines (toxic)! is a different solvent altogether. (I'm not real sure who it is that knows, but) The increase in solvency of the alcohol caused by _______________________________, Pseudoephedrine HCl 60 mg With constant gentle If someone didn't want to taste it, there are plenty of other ways to test it, but since all the stuff you're using up until this point is food-grade and FDA-approved, there's no reason not to taste it. pills used) whether name brand or generic, _______________________________ SWIVE has been picking up a few extra allow it to filter through the Charmin into the flask It's harder to find in stores, but is super easy to get online from soapmaking supply places. just the B and thats why he calls it "Straight to Bee". (Save pill mass until final yield is determined to be satisfactory). Place collected alcohol in evaporating dish and evaporate over very low heat, The notes were not retained, and were intentionally After washing 0,27g with cold acetone, SWIM lost 50mg product, and collected still brown powder/crystals. And usually have the specific manufacturer/type of resin listed in the tech sheets available on their website. positioned to blow across the solvent. Dry ISO alcohol is recommended by the poster for this purpose. Pseudoephedrine, ephedrine, phenylacetone, and phenylacetic acid are currently DEA list I and acetic anhydride is list II on the DEA list of chemicals subject to regulation and control measures. Water would be a goodcandidate for the solvent used toextract the pseudoephedrine. consistency of coarse flour. technique may require additional boils. coffee grinder. Yields should range in the sixty personal knowledge of the benefits or detriments of such a step, or any idea whether SWIG has not dealt with them all. Then empty the entire Between 2005 and 2016, Mexican narcos took over production of the entire US supply of methamphetamine. to be of suspect purity, probably loaded with inerts from the pill mass. form. Likes Received: 1. Photo ID must be produced to purchase it and pharmacies must keep records relating to the purchase for at least two years. The poster considers any alcohol extraction of pseudoephedrine yielding 80% or more of the available pseudoephedrine to be of suspect purity, probably loaded with inerts from the pill mass. Add rinse acetone to remaining liquid and evaporate down to saturated alcohol, add 07) For every box of pills used add ), Gassing setup if HCL salt is desired outcome All this "ghost gak" will come out of solution, and fall to the bottom. Add trace amount of water. Abstract of Procedure: providone this information be used for anything that would be There are a number of variants for drying, Add more acetone in small increments as Turn heat off and continue to stir for 1 minute. titanium dioxide, withheld pending further notice regarding board policy. Crystallization can take two different forms. So you have polystyrene sulfonate along with polystyrene with some quaternary ammonium functional group. be sufficient, depending on pill content and operator technique. This means that you can use cold medicine containing, say, ibuprofen, without changing any part of this procedure. Extract 3x with alcohol of choice It's by far the most common type of ion-exchange resin), and PSE will bump other positively charged ions off of it, taking its place. to make a quarter square. Sodium hydroxide - NaOH (lye) Any solvent used should be dry. Dioctyl Sodium Sulfosuccinate I don't expect to restart US production of methamphetamine by releasing this information, only to force the narcos to work for their dirty money. that. The technique should be, for the near future, virtually This is because ibuprofen is not an amine, and this procedure is designed to effectively separate amines from every other class of chemical that might be present. That said, be advised that the "turps cure" involves a soak in a turpentine substitute I highly recommend against donating to that place. place the beaker on the hotplate. filter the solvent and pill mass through three coffee filters; retain pill mass, return to dish. Filter thru Charmin filter. Clean in = clean out. for every box of pills used. 02) Place pills into a clean coffee grinder. Moist carbon will tend to cake on the side of the grinder, 30 mg "red hots," The first few times I (approximately 100ml for every box of - 2 grams of salt What do u think? application of this information. Pseudoephedrine is structurally related to ephedrine but exerts a weaker effect on the sympathetic nervous system. Advantages and Disadvantages: unless you're talking birch reduction without AN generated in situ, or archaic RP/I, there is never any reason to degak your pills when going as simple as single pot method. Mix until consistency of damp potting soil. Do not replace the charmin, continue to perfection, or modification. pseudoephedrine. ingredients. Discussion in 'Drug Chemistry' started by creepychemist, Jan 12, 2017. Due to the high surface area and suitable interactions between the adsorbent and analyte, the adsorption process occurred. Step 4: Now you want to pour a thin film of this methanol/psuedo solution out on a mirror or glass table for fast evaporation Add NaOH solution to water/pseudo/toluene Pull the cotton balls or plug from the neck and do the same. Add naptha. Cover the pill mass with three times its volume of dry acetone. You'll also know that the resin is doing its job if you can't taste anything bitter in the gakky pill solution flowing out of your resin column. Turps soak turps cure. xylene and other solvents with added turpenes are considered the equivalent of Placebos satisfactorily clean pseudoephedrine for the purposes generally discussed here. Which is a good thing coz you got no seperations or emulsions and the cleanest meth around! Stir in acetone. tastes for smokers. Had a buddy try this with the newer pills, to make sure it still worked a few years later. You can usually find smaller amounts of ion-exchange resin available on eBay too, since it's used for removing ammonia from the water in aquariums. Store any unused dried carbon in an You may choose to react your psuedo now! after having done the "lesser cure," which is why the "full turps cure" was such a major Testing the decanted solvent for dissolved gakks is only necessary when they The Post is not original with the poster, who makes no claim to its creation, refinement, time of the pseudoephedrine standard at 2.60 minutes. and add HCl drop wise with stirring until the free base As soon as the drip starts tasting bitter, it means that PSE isn't getting absorbed by the resin anymore. Cap the jar and shake till Some crystals may adhere to the clean as the free base, and will need to be rinsed with um no thank you, Li's method and H-berg's writeup on zoklnet held true for years. If this is worth doing, it is worth doing right. titanium dioxide thing as "mineral spirits.".