*Other than that the install went great. 0-60 in 4.3 seconds. With these tips in mind, finding a reputable Ripp Supercharger Installer near you should be a breeze! Performance Ignition coils for many vehicles Just be sure to do your homework and inspect the unit thoroughly before making any purchase. RIPP Superchargers is the number one selling supercharger in the 2007-2014 *2007-2011 JEEP JK 3.8L V6 ONLY*The ground breaking, bar setting, hands down number one kit on the market for the 07-2011 Jeep JK period! You will be using the Stillen instructions for your installation but I will be adding, deleting, correcting, giving tips, etc. Vortech / Stillen Supercharger Helpful Information for Nissan Maxima, Josh Frohman aka ptatoheds Stillen Vortech Supercharged 1999 Nissan Maxima, Congrats to BuiltBy Cj on Newborn Baby Girl (Kali-Rose) | 3/1/2023, 1995-1999 Ghost Key Plug and Play Push to Start Conversion Kit for 4thgen Nissan Maxima, AJs 1995 VQ35DE 5-Speed Modded 4thgen Nissan Maxima, Salvatores 1999 VQ30DE 5-Speed 4thgen Nissan Maxima, Chris Denis Sotos 1990 VQ30DE 5-Speed 4thgen Nissan Maxima, 1995-1996 4thgen Nissan Maxima Techtom MDM-100N Multi Display Monitor, Nissan Altima SE-Rs with A34 Rays Nismo Wheels, BuiltBy Cjs 2012 Gen3 VQ35DE 6-Speed Swapped 7thgen Nissan Maxima, 7thgen Nissan Maxima with 370z Nissan Nismo V2 Wheels Installed, In Loving Memory of Anthony Santory | 5/23/1982 2/24/2023. (Fix Now). Overall, I would highly recommend this product to anyone looking for a way to improve their Jeeps performance. But like all mechanical things, it will eventually need to be rebuilt. RIPP Supercharger * 2015-2016 Colorado/Canyon document.head.appendChild(style); Besides, few shops do the installation around, so you only have a little variety when it comes to the installation, and the same goes for tuning. The boost pressure differences might be because you guys have 3.8's and the OP has the 3.6L Pentapoop. 2011 Intercooler Jeep Wrangler JK RIPP Supercharger System V-3 Si-Trim & Boost Cooler, Satin, http://www.wranglerforum.com/f118/project-shake-n-bake-a-cummins-cj-188515.html]. There are no torque specs given in the . Disassemble the piping and look for a towel or some obstruction. Jan 20, 2012. The primary issue is that your warranty will be affected when you add the mod. As I said before, Ripp superchargers can propel your beast like nothing else, but they are not without its flaws. (function() { The problems that occur are usually due to mis-configurations during installation. The Ripp Supercharger is designed with two seals that prevent oil from leaking out of the unit. Some owners have reported that their engines began making strange noises after the supercharger was installed. The oil grade, filling procedure, and oil change intervals should all be taken from the instructions included in your supercharger package. This document may not be re-sold, copied or distributed in any way without prior written authorisation of Sprintex Ltd. Finally, some people have reported hearing a whining noise coming from the supercharger itself. Unless you know what you are doing and have worked with superchargers before, it is advised that you go with an experienced installer. Let's consider a RIPP supercharger. It requires a high up-front cost for the necessary materials and the labor required to install the supercharger. Some people have said that the supercharger makes a loud noise when it is running and that it vibrates excessively. If anything is wrong while installing the Ripp Supercharger, it might cost you too much money. Additionally, if the belt slips too much it can actually break, causing catastrophic failure. I've heard nothing but horror stories. Jan 19, 2018. Superchargers seem to be arguably more dependable than turbochargers. Besides, few shops do the installation around, so you only have a little variety when it comes to the installation, and the same goes for tuning. VerticalScope Inc., 111 Peter Street, Suite 600, Toronto, Ontario, M5V 2H1, Canada. Read Also: Transmission Problems After Engine Swap. Boot to TB was/is too small, hose clamps are cheap thin crap and I remember the blow off valve vacuum line was to small in ID to fit valve. Lake Forest, CA 92630, Decrease Quantity of DiabloSport T1000 Trinity Dashboard Tuner and Gauge Monitor for 2011 Jeep JK, Increase Quantity of DiabloSport T1000 Trinity Dashboard Tuner and Gauge Monitor for 2011 Jeep JK, Decrease Quantity of RIPP 2012-2014 Jeep JK 3.6L V6 RIPP Supercharger Kit Intercooled (6 Speed Manual Transmission), Increase Quantity of RIPP 2012-2014 Jeep JK 3.6L V6 RIPP Supercharger Kit Intercooled (6 Speed Manual Transmission), Decrease Quantity of RIPP 2012-2014 Jeep JK 3.6L V6 RIPP Supercharger Kit Intercooled (Automatic Transmission), Increase Quantity of RIPP 2012-2014 Jeep JK 3.6L V6 RIPP Supercharger Kit Intercooled (Automatic Transmission), Decrease Quantity of RIPP Black Ops Edition 2007-2011 Jeep Wrangler JK 3.8L V6 RIPP Supercharger Kit (Automatic / Manual Transmission), Increase Quantity of RIPP Black Ops Edition 2007-2011 Jeep Wrangler JK 3.8L V6 RIPP Supercharger Kit (Automatic / Manual Transmission), Decrease Quantity of Airfilter Sock For High Dust And Wet Conditons, Increase Quantity of Airfilter Sock For High Dust And Wet Conditons, Decrease Quantity of RIPP 2015 - 2017 JEEP WRANGLER SUPERCHARGER SYSTEM (manual trans), Increase Quantity of RIPP 2015 - 2017 JEEP WRANGLER SUPERCHARGER SYSTEM (manual trans), Decrease Quantity of RIPP 2015 - 2017 JEEP WRANGLER SUPERCHARGER SYSTEM (automatic trans), Increase Quantity of RIPP 2015 - 2017 JEEP WRANGLER SUPERCHARGER SYSTEM (automatic trans), DiabloSport T1000 Trinity Dashboard Tuner and Gauge Monitor for 2011 Jeep JK, RIPP 2012-2014 Jeep JK 3.6L V6 RIPP Supercharger Kit Intercooled (6 Speed Manual Transmission), RIPP 2012-2014 Jeep JK 3.6L V6 RIPP Supercharger Kit Intercooled (Automatic Transmission), RIPP Black Ops Edition 2007-2011 Jeep Wrangler JK 3.8L V6 RIPP Supercharger Kit (Automatic / Manual Transmission), Jeep Wrangler Kit 2007-2011 Ripp Headers Stainless Long-Tube With Cats With Diablo Sport RM1000, Jeep Wrangler 2007-2011 Ripp Headers Stainless Long-Tube With Cats, RIPP 2007-2010 Jeep Wrangler Gen1 Supercharger To Gen2 Upgrade Kit, Airfilter Sock For High Dust And Wet Conditons, Jeep Wrangler Kit 2007-2011 RIPP Headers Stainless Long-Tube With Cats, Diablo Sport RM1000, and Hush Power Resonator, RIPP 2007-2011 Gen2 Jeep Wrangler JK Supercharger Kit V3 Si-Trim Stage 2 Intercooler, RIPP 2015 - 2017 JEEP WRANGLER SUPERCHARGER SYSTEM (manual trans), RIPP 2015 - 2017 JEEP WRANGLER SUPERCHARGER SYSTEM (automatic trans). As I haven't seen any other posts for the 2011 install, I thought I would share my experience with the install and the 1600 miles worth of driving with it. var BCData = {"csrf_token":"9e71fc4caab4fed11413c204263d3abee6d2e292ce06578cacfe674f72e4818b"}; My son came down to help with the install and did most of the underneath work. All first batch orders placed before December 25, 2016 will ship mid January 2017. new Date().getTime(),event:'gtm.js'});var f=d.getElementsByTagName(s)[0], If youre looking for Ripp Supercharger Installers near you, there are a few things to keep in mind. The problems that occur are usually due to mis-configurations during installation. Turbo vs Supercharger | Prodigy Performance I wouldn't even consider putting a blower on a 3.6l at this point- it's a LOT of tuning and things you need to worry about all the time. *I live near Denver so I also ordered the high altitude kit. Thats not including the cost of installation, which can range from $500 to $1,500 depending on the shop you use and how much work is involved. 11-14 Dodge Charnger 3.6L V6 Pentastar. Ripp supercharger? With a RIPP Supercharger installed we safely produce 380 Rear Wheel HP and 350 ft/lbs** of Torque on 37in tall tires, thats 500HP at the CRANK!!!! Come join the discussion about performance, modifications, classifieds, reviews, engine swaps, troubleshooting, suspension, and more! VerticalScope Inc., 111 Peter Street, Suite 600, Toronto, Ontario, M5V 2H1, Canada. RIPP Supercharger, the number one power source for Jeep Wranglers and Dodge RAM's Period! for now. Second, check reviews online to see what others have said about their experience with the installer. We assume permission has been requested or granted by the original author. In case of facing any problems, you should contact the dealer if the issues fall under the warranty criteria. Please take extra care before starting any work. The first problem that many owners report is a loss of power after installing the supercharger. Finally, be sure to get a written estimate from the installer before having any work done. JavaScript is disabled. I'm in the same boat but fresh out of college.. want to put a ripp in it and pipes .. debating to commit. Please don't come on here and say something is easy. But, you get the added benifit and an MPG increase from 1-4mpg combined City/hwy*** the best on the market!RIPP has spent an enormous amount of time adjusting for better drive quality. I installed a RIPP supercharger (2011 GEN2 Jeep Wrangler JK Supercharger Kit V3 Si-Trim Stage 2 Intercooler) on my 2011 JKU earlier this month. A common issue which arises with Ripp superchargers is when it starts spitting oil. Mar 21, 2018. RIPP Superchargers - Facebook For any questions or inquires, you can contact us here. 5 . No other manufacturer has spent more time developing engine calibrations than RIPP, its a brand you can rely on World Wide. . The Ripp supercharger can void the warranty of any parts of your car. Replace your 03/04 APPS sensor for less than $100 and 2 hours time. No other brand matches RIPP in customer satisfaction, power and reliability. Instead, youll have the extra horsepower mainly on the mid and high RPM.if(typeof ez_ad_units != 'undefined'){ez_ad_units.push([[300,250],'jeepadvices_com-banner-1','ezslot_4',103,'0','0'])};__ez_fad_position('div-gpt-ad-jeepadvices_com-banner-1-0');if(typeof ez_ad_units != 'undefined'){ez_ad_units.push([[300,250],'jeepadvices_com-banner-1','ezslot_5',103,'0','1'])};__ez_fad_position('div-gpt-ad-jeepadvices_com-banner-1-0_1'); .banner-1-multi-103{border:none !important;display:block !important;float:none !important;line-height:0px;margin-bottom:7px !important;margin-left:auto !important;margin-right:auto !important;margin-top:7px !important;max-width:100% !important;min-height:250px;padding:0;text-align:center !important;}. Based on the feedback from the Jeep owners who have installed the superchargers, this seems to be the case. *As I was installing the belt I found that it was about an inch short so I had to buy a new belt at the parts store. What is a supercharger? I picked it up this past Monday. There are many possible problems that an experienced shop will help you avoid as well as optimising your Jeep to get the best out of your supercharger install. They all claim to witness an enormous blow coming into the air filter. Theyre noisier than turbochargers since they increase RPMs by a greater amount, and as a consequence, theyre more frequent. If you do not run this and have a vented hood you risk water leaking directly onto the RIPP supplied air filter and into the supercharger. We provide the latest and most exclusive content in the Maxima community! When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission, which supports our community. Seems off power wise. Others have said that their engines lost power and began running rough. style.innerHTML = '.papaSupermarket-subcategories-name { display: none }'; 2018 - Jeep Grand Cherokee Trackhawk (Demonized). Joined Apr 7, 2018 Posts 362 Reaction . white coconut. (function() { Instruction Manual - Quadratec.com RIPP Supercharger Installation All content not created or owned by my4dsc.com will be noted on each post along with member credit. There are moments when it sounds like a very powerful strike. The user should look forward to proper Dyno tuning if necessary. Their Jeeps dont struggle with them as much. Superchargers are one of the most important parts of an engine, providing the compressed air that helps increase power and torque. You do not need to drill additional holes when installing it because it is designed to fit within the existing configuration. if(typeof ez_ad_units != 'undefined'){ez_ad_units.push([[300,250],'jeepadvices_com-large-mobile-banner-1','ezslot_3',114,'0','0'])};__ez_fad_position('div-gpt-ad-jeepadvices_com-large-mobile-banner-1-0');Additionally, Ripp State, If a dealer is not performance friendly, something as simple as a head light replacement will void your warranty.. Over the past 3 or 4 months he has monumental issues never resolved for long; multiple recurring codes & very erratic behavior of the Ripp. In some cases, the engine damage was so severe that the vehicle had to be towed to a shop for repairs. To fix this, simply check the installation instructions to make sure everything is correct, and then tighten the belt according to the manufacturers specifications. Once thats complete, you will receive a tune file for your vehicle.- Once you place your order you'll receive an e-mail with instructions regarding the PCM-Vehicles equipped with a front facing camera; please expect camera relocation to fit our massive FMIC. That WHP is on par with such a 6.4 Hemi and much more expensive than just a 5.7 V8 powertrain swap. 10 Best 64 Hemi Charger Whipple Superchargers - Of 2023 Ripp Superchargers has issued a recall for the affected units, but its not clear if all of the problem units have been repaired or replaced. Its torque converter, gear management, and RIPP centrifugal system are all called out in this piece. Ripp Supercharger | DODGE RAM FORUM - Dodge Truck Forums https://youtu.be/l0mLt8kZlIQhttp://jamesnkerr.comVideo of a RIPP Supercharger install into a Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sounds like you have a lean issue at wot or some kind of boost/vacuum leak. xmlHttp.setRequestHeader('Content-Type', 'application/json'); adroll.track('productView', {products:[{product_id:_sbcfg.productId}]}); RIPP makes no claims in increased MPG, clients have reported this data on their ownbehalf. Ripp Superchargers are one of the better known ways of giving your Jeep that extra bit of horsepower. Ripp supercharger | Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum It provides my Jeep Wrangler JK with plenty of power and has really made a difference in how it drives. The instructions Ripp provides are not 100% complete. Note: The PDF file below is 22 MB(may take a few seconds to download). Of course, there are some downsides to consider as well. So all told, youre looking at a minimum of $5,500 to get a Ripp Supercharger installed on your car. Improper installation: If a supercharger is not installed properly it can cause a number of problems, including improper belt tension (which can lead to slippage), oil leaks (due to incorrect gasket sealant), and even electrical shorts (due to improper wiring). *I live near Denver so I also ordered the high altitude kit. 2007 - 2011 Jeep Wrangler Supercharger System - BLACK OPS EDITION, 2007 - 2011 Jeep Wrangler Supercharger System, 2012-2014 Jeep Wrangler Supercharger System, 2015 - 2018 Jeep Wrangler JK Supercharger System, 2018 - 2021 JL Wrangler Supercharger System, 2018+ Wrangler JLU Catback Exhaust + Performance Coils Package, Jeep Wrangler JL and Gladiator JT Catch Can Kit, 2018+ Wrangler JL & Gladiator JT 3.6 High Performance Coil Packs, 2011 - 2014 Dodge Charger 3.6L V6 Supercharger Kit, 2015 - 2017 Dodge Charger 3.6 Supercharger Kit, 2018 - 2022 Dodge Charger 3.6 Supercharger Kit, NON SUPERCHARGED Charger/Challenger/300 Catch Can Kit, 2011 - 2014 Dodge Challenger 3.6L V6 Supercharger Kit, 2015 - 2017 Dodge Challenger 3.6 Supercharger Kit, 2018 - 2022 Dodge Challenger 3.6 Supercharger Kit, Supercharged 3.6L Charger/Challenger/300 Catch Can Kit. Sep 18, 2017 (Edited) - Will be also adding a lot of extra bottom end load, to the 3.6 engine. In addition, the problem seems irritating as well. If youre experiencing any of these problems with your Ripp Supercharger, dont hesitate to get in touch with us for help. document.getElementById("copyright_year").innerHTML = new Date().getFullYear(); The Trinity is one of the most advanced devices of its kind, featuring full Reflash/Reprogram capability, Advanced Data Acquisition, and Customizable Gauges-- all displayed and controlled on a color touch screen and housed in a slim, custom-styled, easy *THIS IS THE MANUAL TRANSMISSION MODEL*RIPP is proud to announce the Worlds First supercharger system for a 2012-2014 Jeep Wrangler JK equipped with the 3.6l Pentastar V6*. They need nothing in the way of setup or upkeep once in place. RIPP Superchargers GEN2 Supercharger kit Install for Wrangler - YouTube In most cases, the air temperature sensor or everything past the filter can be coated in oil due to the issue. In certain cases, there is 3rd-party content provided by the Nissan Maxima community to help and encourage others do their own work. RIPP Superchargers is the number one selling supercharger in the 2007-2014 Jeep Wrangler communities. I had every intention of going the supercharger route off of the showroom floor, but after experiencing the power of a fresh engine (I'm coming out of a '12 Manual Sport with highway gears), I decided to wait. Ripp Supercharger Problems: Give it a thought! Yeah. In most cases, the severity of these issues is not such that we cannot cope. With so many reports of issues, its hard to recommend the Ripp supercharger at this time. But for this, you might have to deal with some issues. We're proud to announce the easy to own, easy to install, and easy to drive RIPP Supercharger system for the 3.6 v6 Engine. The warranty problems have discouraged many consumers from continuing to use their RIPP Superchargers. However, these seals can wear out over time and allow oil to escape. I'd like to keep my money in my pocket a little longer lol. You may also find some good deals on eBay or other online classified sites. As the engine spins, it spins the supercharger and makes the supercharger force air into the engine. Are you planning to add extra horsepower to your Jeep Wrangler engine? 2022 By Jeep Advices | All Rights Reserved. And secondly, it will void your cars warranty (if it has one). The installation of the Ripp supercharger on your car is estimated to cost you between $70000 to $8000, which is expensive compared to other superchargers. j=d.createElement(s),dl=l!='dataLayer'? . Sprintex has their instructions online for our cars, but RIPP has just the jeeps. The Ripp Supercharger is designed to give an added 170HP to the rear wheels of your Jeep. They have made a name for themselves in the Jeep modifications industry.if(typeof ez_ad_units!='undefined'){ez_ad_units.push([[300,250],'yourjeepguide_com-medrectangle-4','ezslot_1',103,'0','0'])};__ez_fad_position('div-gpt-ad-yourjeepguide_com-medrectangle-4-0');if(typeof ez_ad_units!='undefined'){ez_ad_units.push([[300,250],'yourjeepguide_com-medrectangle-4','ezslot_2',103,'0','1'])};__ez_fad_position('div-gpt-ad-yourjeepguide_com-medrectangle-4-0_1');.medrectangle-4-multi-103{border:none!important;display:block!important;float:none!important;line-height:0;margin-bottom:7px!important;margin-left:auto!important;margin-right:auto!important;margin-top:7px!important;max-width:100%!important;min-height:250px;padding:0;text-align:center!important}.