Hence she immersed herself in her studies with fervor and eventually obtained a national level position in her exams. Looking back at moments like these, Shagufta feels indebted to her mother for everything she did for her during this time. ", "It excites us, we love it," Sana is quick to respond. Mohsin (Ali Tawasuli) is the person who passes stuff for us. We were two recently married society girls and people sort of felt sorry for us because we worked. A chain of Sana Safinaz retail outlets opened in 2013 across Pakistan providing the latest in trendy and contemporary ready to wear clothing of both western and eastern aesthetic as well as unstitched designs, accessories and footwear. Interview: Sana Hashwani and Safinaz Muneer of SANASAFINAZ - People - Aurora Sana and Safinaz on their 25 years in the industry, maintaining product quality, and dealing with copied. The bridals have excited us in the last two years and were changing things up. Elitist, and Impractical and expensive for the average woman. Motivating people is the key to excelling and I strive to do my best in that, Iqraa explains. Sana Safinaz are true innovators and trailblazers in all their business and creative endeavors and have set the bar high for the business of fashion in Pakistan. When you have that kind of commitment, your product is naturally much better. SH: The secret is to be passionate about whatever you do and 25 years on we are as passionate, if not more, than when we started. We have a full return policy, which is something new in Pakistan. Now we feel we are standing at a precipice and we are scared. That recognition of the importance of evolution, to move on; Sana and Safinaz are cognizant of the fact that change is good and that makes their brand just as relevant, today, as it was two decades ago. Her Miracle Moments are many, including the days when she helps out a patient or a simple moment such as spending quality time with her children at the dinner table. Her weekends were taken up by jewelry and allocating enough time to it was challenging. People come by word of mouth. Instead, she took up hourly based teaching assignments and started teaching CA students. A: What are the main challenges for fashion as an industry? Today we own 14 shops 15 if you include our online retail this in just two and a half years; I dont think anyone has had that spurt. There is stability in our brand because Sana and I have been working consistently and until recently we have been doing this entirely on our own, and with no background in the field just the love of fashion. Her magazine is something that has shaped her life. How much is enough, I wonder, as Sana Safinaz continue talking about their endless reservoir of ideas. "And thats actually the reason why things have taken off. The greatest challenge she faces is dealing with the issues of HR. To me, a woman is not successful until she does justice to all her relationships, personal or professional, believes Sehr. So now when I go to a wedding, I take it as a celebration of the success of the parents, she says. Now, Paperazzi is on its 160th issue and the pressure is on. Now, the only important thing for girls is not just looking good and getting married. I dont ever want to disappoint them, explains Sehr when talking about her ambitions. Sana Safinaz is famous for introducing the traditional eastern designs in most modern and innovative way that make remarkable impression over the fashion industry of the country. They have . 1,815 likes. With her family right by her side, she is sure to make a special name for herself in the field of art and design in Pakistan. However, because of the support of her husband and in laws and the sense of positivity instilled in her by her mother, she snaps out of pessimism very quickly. With experience, they have learnt how to deal with people, customers, and compensations. Again it was not a big vision; we said lets start this and see where it goes. "If you want to grow, no. In 25 years we have taken the brand from couture to prt and this says a lot for us as a brand. But having cracked the code for commercial success as well as creative excellence - almost a dozen Lux Style Awards sit on their desk as testament to their excellence - it is no wonder that Sana and Safinaz are still excited by fashion. Sana Safinaz Owner Coronavirus Infection Rumors are Completely Wrong This or that?: Safinaz Muneer or Sana Hashwani? Sana has been blessed with incredible support from her family, friends, and husband. About Us - Sana Safinaz SM: Wherever there is a demand, there will be a supply. They both turn up to work in their own designs, everyday, and are actually - even at their age - their own best models. Sana has selected women that have aspired against the odds with hardwork and dedication. Salina now tries to go through the day in a disciplined manner but this is an alien concept to a lot of people. We do interiors entirely on our own. I wouldnt have been here, giving this interview, if it wasnt for them.. She begins each day with positive meditation, I sit up tall as soon as I wake up and count all my blessings, spend 5-10 minutes on just focusing on my body, breathing and being grateful. She is particular about giving time to herself and her family despite her busy schedule, which has taken a toll on Salinas social life, but shes clear about her priorities. But were from the first generation of fashion designers and we have outgrown the third generation. If a customer buys one of our products from another store, there is no guarantee they will refund your money. Iqraa believes that with changing times, standing up on your own feet is imperative for every man and woman. Sana Khan with Aashka Goradia. JavaScript seems to be disabled in your browser. When the mother works, it reflects in the mindset of her children.. She has always been there for her, pushing her to be the best version of herself, and catching her whenever she has fallen. Personally, shes always had the drive to contribute something to the world, and feels everyone else should also. Its very involving and you have to be on top of your game. "We came in as two very young girls," smiles Sana, "set up a business and we sort of led the path. Nothing is impossible. Hobby for privileged class with millions of important contacts. She was in a relationship with the dancer and choreographer Melvin Louis. Sana Safinaz - Pakistani Fashion Designer And it didnt stop there. There are always projects, opportunities. Cheerful and bubbly by nature, Mehr has the conviction and foresight to look at the bigger picture and after discussion with her partner they decided to go for it. Having said this, you have to be hands on if you want a successful business. Financial independence is true power and I recommend it for all women. Salina is required to multitask all the time and maintains to-do lists to take her through the day. By Web Desk. SH: Contained maybe; but it is a big business. ", "A lot of people dont have the kind of liquid cash, of 2 lacs or more, that a customized bridal costs these days," Safinaz explains further. Women unnecessarily make themselves go through the guilt of not doing enough. My work brings about so many positive changes in me. It was a slow and subtle evolution. Sana Hashwani of Sana Safinaz does not have coronavirus Years ago I would go to a wedding and would think about how good the bride looks, the groom could probably have been better and whether or not the decor is nice. And be the first to get updates on discounts, contests, products & promotions! Of course, theres healthy competition and were all competing against one another but theres also a line that you draw. Pakistan barely has any trade schools or any sort of government support, and despite that, we see so many pioneers emerging. Sanas favorite remedy is getting massages, even if she has to call someone home to get it done. Mag Media News - Latest News Media Portal After failing to get into any college in Karachi, Shagufta decided to pursue her education privately. Sanas fashion sense speaks for itself, having been in the industry for the past 25 years, she has dedicated time toher studio working tirelessly to create the perfect piece of attire. Sana Hashwani Safinaz Muneer: Headquarters: Karachi, Pakistan. They even have their own media wing, organizing exciting activities, meet-ups and promotions on a regular basis. Two very extraordinary ladies. You take a motif, you merge and change and take ownership of it. We have always gone into things by telling each other that we could do it, and we made a success of it. We have just entered the prt field and it is a tremendous challenge. It is the little things that bring the greatest of joys in life and it is the willpower that knows no obstacles. [4], In 2014, Hashwani published his best-selling memoir Truth Always Prevails. Especially for girls in this misogynistic society. The number of Corona virus-infected in Pakistan has risen to 646, Sindh has reported the highest number of 292 cases, Punjab 152, Khyber . She started working when she turned 19 and married her high school sweetheart 15 years ago. "What are you going to do? You have to protect your business smartly. In 1978, he launched the Holiday Inn hotel in Karachi in 1981 and later in Islamabad. SM: Look at the number of Fashion Weeks taking place every year. Happy with the choices she has made in life, Seveen is a firm believer of the fact that if a woman puts her family first, they also give her the space and freedom to be who she wants to be. As a woman you have more responsibility of raising your kids well even if the father is very involved. Today, Mehr is the publishing editor of the popular and trend-setting weekly Paperazzi. It was that low moment in her life when she stumbled upon yoga and her life completely changed. May be they will in future. She is what she is today because of her mother. She feels the older she gets, the more she needs to give herself a break and relax. It is a time when fame and fortune is favouring the commercial favourites as opposed to the creative experts. Interiors is something we do out of passion. ""One of the recipes for success is failure as well," Sana is honest to admit. SM: The biggest problem is finding skilled labour, although in 10 years time you will find that skilled labour, because the industry will demand that those people come forth. We started retail, not knowing a thing about it. Sana Safinaz - Wikipedia That is the scary bit! Good work. Thats why Sana Safinaz today has a very young dynamic.". SM: We are excellent multi-taskers. sana hashwani corona test | Showbiz Hut Explore Sana-Hashwani profile at Times of India for photos, videos and latest news of Sana-Hashwani. With so much misinformation being disseminated via various channels (mainly looking at you, WhatsApp) in light of the Covid-19 pandemic, the latest celebrity to become a victim of false claims is Sana Hashwani of designer duo Sana Safinaz. There are moments of weakness, she admits, when one is on the go all the time, trying to do so many things simultaneously. I am what I am because of the unrelenting love and tolerance shown towards me by my mother. Hashwani studied at the University of Karachi and in 1960 founded the Hassan Ali Company along with his brother AHSAN IQBAL YOUSUFZAI. Iqraa Hassan Mansha started off with a very small boutique hotel in Lahore and has recently opened the state of art Emporium Mall, which she calls her gift to the people of Lahore. When you are invested in a company as the owner, the company is more successful because your name is there and you dont want to put rubbish in a store. With around 30 stores nationwide and a brand that ranks in the top three in terms of ready to wear in the country, Sana Safinaz not only command respect and recognition but they keep proving themselves worthy of it. Some of the teachers that taught me are still there and they are my mentors, she says. Failure has come many times. She is a makeup artist She is an entrepreneur She is a problem solver "I'm a makeup artist and own a salon and a photography studio." At 40, Bina Khan feels like she has achieved a little and has a long way to go. They respect me a lot., For this young artist, financial independence is of utmost importance. [5][6] My husband is my backbone and lets me be the person that I am, she says. We never think ahead of ourselves; we take one step a time. She has a basic skin regime that she follows daily. A: Then there is the issue of designers themselves copying prints. March 24, 2020. Hashwani studied at the University of Karachi and in 1960 founded the Hassan Ali Company along with his brother AHSAN IQBAL YOUSUFZAI. We have just entered the prt field and it is a tremendous challenge. "Were not arrogant," Safinaz echoes the thought. When you are young, you are fearless; you are at the beginning of things and you experiment. This is a one-on-one business; nothing is available from a store, because the minute we open a store, the market will be flooded with copies. Among other things, her daily to-do lists also have son time during which she focuses just on her son. SM: You need to own the design. She would go round and round the roundabout to see it. SH: Profitability is something we will definitely see. He authored his memoir 'Truth Always Prevails' in 2014. Be proud to be brown! I want to build on the strong foundation laid by them, bringing innovation and fresh outlooks to the designs. When youre younger, little things seem big. A: But it was your time with Lakhany Mills that made your name. You derive happiness from knowing you are independent. Currently Im working as COO of AKU hospital, clinical labs and outreach services. In fact, were looking forward to it! I have now decided that the answer to this problem is sleeping less! That is quite an achievement in a male dominated corporate world. Sana and Safinaz are the most non-political and pleasant people in the field. She wasnt the best student, pass percentage was low and there were only a handful of women in the field. Came straight home into quarantine as any responsible adult who has travelled abroad should do. Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. Shagufta was ready to take on more challenges. Safinaz is married to Sana's brother. She unwinds with TV shows, reads books, and hangs out with friends and family. Sana Safinaz is part of SSFR (PVT.) I am a mother of twins and with that I am working with my mother in law, helping her in her business as one of the most prestigious fashion designer houses in Pakistan. (KHI) +92-21-3561-3066/7 Haroon House Dr. Ziauddin Ahmed Road Karachi, 74200 Sana Hashwani Profiles | Facebook Initially it was difficult to align Pakistani traditional designs with international designs and concepts, but gradually she found her way forward. If a woman is successful, it is for the betterment of the family, not just financially, but in the way that she is able to prepare her children for the real world, believes Seveen. For a young girl stepping into the workforce today she has two things to say be positive and own up to your mistakes. Sana Khan with Melvin Louis. A: So it is contained? Sana Safinaz contact info: Phone number: +92 21111003005 Website: www.sanasafinaz.com What does Sana Safinaz do? SM: No. On 21 November 2020, she got married to the Surat based Maulana Mufti Anas Sayied a few months . "We are sharing Sana Hashwani's test results in order to dispel the rumours that she has Covid19. SAFINAZ MUNEER: SANA SAFINAZ is a powerhouse, although a lot of people still havent really picked up on this. calling the social media rumours "uncalled for and unproductive slander": A photo posted by Instagram (@instagram) on Mar 22, 2015 at 11:21am PDT. We can generate our own electricity, our own water, youre not particularly supported as small businesses, all of us are floundering and working out how to do things for ourselves. Other countries have a proper structure, they have unions and councils. The House of Sana Safinaz has been her home away from home. Great ladies,Great job done.A big lesson for all our young girls.You can do everything.just learn from Sana Safinas to do big jobs.Both ladies deserve National award for creativity, @thuglife No. Sadaf felt weak at the time of the birth of her first child, just like any other working mother would. Oskar Schindler (28 April 1908 - 9 Oktober 1974) adalah seorang pengusaha, pengilang yang terkenal menyelamatkan orang Yahudi dari dimasukkan dalam kem-kem tahanan semasa langkah pembunuhan ramai dilakukan Parti Buruh Jerman Sosialis Nasional yang memerintah Jerman dengan mengupah mereka dalam kilang . Theyre going to trust Mohsin. She is taking care of other peoples wellbeing and saving lives. She is someone who values the lessons life has to teach. Sana Safinaz says co-owner hasn't tested positive for coronavirus Nishan-e-Imtiaz (Order of Excellence) is the highest honour given to any civilian in Pakistan to recognise their achievements and outstanding services for the country. I miss you.. Fashion is one of the few thriving businesses in Pakistan. I am loving every bit of it at the moment, she says with contentment. The fine-line comes when the design is copyrighted or if you use the design of a living artist. Your children are your extension, something tangible that you leave behind in the world. Read: "Khaadi's multinational ambitions" An interview with Shamoon Sultan. Women today are educated, talented and accomplished, and these traits go hand-in-hand with being financially independent. Sadruddin Hashwani is a Pakistan based business magnate, author, and billionaire. My miracle moment was when I had both brands, Sana Safinaz and Outhouse Jewelry, collaborate for fashion week. That was such a challenge for me, to become something that matches up to the expectations and successes of the rest of the women I am surrounded by, Seveen proclaims. According to Shagufta these goals should include financial and emotional independence since they are the two most important elements of life for a woman. Honey, India need not copy you. She adds that when a woman decides to have children, she is responsible for them and their needs but at times, it is important for her to put herself first. It was especially important for her considering both her areas of work are very different from each other. SH: The entirely on our own is no longer something to take pride in. It reaffirmed to me that I am capable of doing anything I want to. Thank you Shagufta for teaching us it is never too late to start anew, for teaching us to have faith in ourselves and embrace each challenge with a stride. View Sana Hashwani's profile on LinkedIn, the world's largest professional community. The ministry set trade schools in the right areas, where eager girls would come to learn. It has become her family and where she draws her strength from. Failure has come many times. It is seldom that people encounter life-changing moments and moments that have the ability to give someone a lot of power and courage. You have entered an incorrect email address! Sometimes getting it all done is really hard. Looking after 2 babies is difficult and sometimes weak moments take over when I want to give up, explains Sehr. The coronavirus test report of Sana Hashmi and her family members is negative. By 1970s, it had become Pakistan's largest cotton trading company. We saw that no one else was doing designer lawn, so we took it on ourselves and took the brand from X to Y. In Pakistan, there is no proper system but Bina also sees this as a great learning experience. If youre trying to be on a level playing field with men, I think young girls need to gather themselves and have the confidence to ask for equal treatment. A: Twenty-five years ago, did you have a vision of how SANA SAFINAZ would play out? You will all grow. I have to-do lists for the week and on Sunday I realize I didnt get any of the things done. KARACHI: In an exclusive interview with . They see we are committed to the brand; that we are moving forward, investing and building the brand. It is important for me to create the right balance between the carrot and the stick. Whats with the fair stuff? Complexion should not matter. A: What made you decide to go into retail? The statement was published at Sana Safinaz's official Instagram handle.