Bats in Ballinora
Bats in Ballinora is a study to confirm sightings of bats in Ballinora and Waterfall.
These documents show the desktop and field research for the project.
The aim of ‘Bats in Ballinora’ is to confirm sightings of bats in Ballinora and Waterfall.
We want to record where bats live and the species.
Phase 1: desk top research
The desktop research:
- explains the phases of the Bats in Ballinora project
- defines the study area for the project
- gives an introduction to bats
- profiles the Irish bat species
Phase 2: field research
The field research:
- explains how the bat survey was carried out
- defines the area of the survey
- gives information on the equipment used for the survey
- shows the findings from the survey